Posted on: May 17, 2023
The seminar took place on May 15, 2023, from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm at the Faculty of Management, University of Lodz, as well as online. The patron of the seminar was the Association of Accountants in Poland.
During the discussion, which involved scientists and practitioners from various fields, the following questions were addressed, among others:
In which aspects of accounting do humans excel over artificial intelligence, and in which aspects are they inferior?
Can humans be completely replaced in the accounting profession by the use of robots and artificial intelligence?
What competencies should accountants possess to outperform artificial intelligence in the job market and accounting services?
How will accounting with artificial intelligence differ from human-led accounting?
How will the increasing presence of robots and artificial intelligence in accounting change the way it is studied?
Among the speakers at the seminar were:
- Prof. Barbara Czarniawska from the University of Gothenburg, with a presentation titled “Robotics and Accounting: Enemies or Friends?”
- Dr. hab. Prof. Tomasz Gwizdałła and the team from the Department of Intelligent Systems, Faculty of Physics and Applied Informatics, University of Lodz.
- Dr. Dominika Kaczorowska-Spychalska, Director of the Center for Intelligent Technologies at the Faculty of Management, University of Lodz, and Leader of the Research, Innovation, and Implementation subgroup of the Artificial Intelligence Working Group under the Chancellery of the Prime Minister.
- Michał Bielawski, CFO of ADAPTIVE Solutions & Advisory Group Sp. z o.o.
- Mariusz Pietrzak, CEO of PKP Energetyka CUW sp. z o.o.
- Małgorzata Kadłubaj, CEO of ACPAC Accounting Office.
The seminar, like any meeting organized by CIBR, provided an opportunity for inter-university and interdisciplinary scientific contacts.